There's a writing conference every year put on by the Association of Writers and Writing Programs. This year it's in Chicago -- and we'll be there! We plan to hit up as many of the nonfiction and publishing panels as we possibly can. But we'd also love to meet any of our readers or contributors who might also be there. So if you'll be there, drop us a line. Here are some of the panels we're looking forward to:
Thursday, March 1
- Selling Out Everyone You Love: The Ethics of Writing Nonfiction
- Behind the Scenes of Implementing a Successful iPad and Tablet Publishing System
- Of course the key note address by Margaret Atwood
Friday, March 2
- A Year in the Life of Electronic Publishing
- Memoir without a Net
- Going Beyond What You Know: Research & the Personal Memoir
Saturday, March 3
- PIF Magazine & Friends on Memoir Writing
- Marketing the Literary, or Putting Some Poetry into Your PR
- Why Independent Publishers Matter / Independent Publishers and the Changing Industry
And we can't forget about the fantastic book fair, off-site events and exploring the greatness that is Chicago. We'll have hard copies of our winter issue on hand, plus we'll be taking subscriptions and newsletter sign ups. We don't have a table at the book fair, but we will be floating around so look for our editor & publisher, Janna Marlies Maron.
Hope to connect!